Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Finding Unicorns

 

I have spent times in my life looking for the elusive 'Unicorn', the rare and sacred thing that would make my life better.  
There have been times when I was sure I had found it, but I would eventually be disappointed.  In my disappointment I would search again and the cycle would repeat itself. I eventually quit looking and settled for the mundane.
Recently my youngest granddaughter wanted to visit my horses.  We went out and spent time with all ten of them.  When we headed home she asked where my Unicorn was.  I told her I didn't have one.  She insisted I did and that I had to find it.
I bought a Unicorn horn, bond and determined not to disappoint her.  When it arrived I got my husband to go out with us so she could see the Unicorn.  He kept her busy while I caught up one of the horses and put the horn on him.  When she came to the paddock there stood a Unicorn.  She was so excited, she got to ride and lead him around. When it was time to leave she reminded me that she knew I had a Unicorn, I just was hiding him.
Wow!  It turns out she was right.  I have had a Unicorn all of these years...I just had to open my eyes and see what was already there.
No more searching for Unicorns, now I am just going to enjoy the ones I already have.
Walk in Peace and Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment