Faith, belief, or spirituality is something humans around the world contemplate at some point in time.
Is that person then a mystic, a person who seeks by contemplation and self-surrender to obtain unity with or absorption into the Deity or the absolute, or who believes in the spiritual apprehension of truths that are beyond the intellect?
From the time I told the police officer I lived in a church it seems I have been on a journey into the mystic. I have wanted to be a nun, am an ordained minister, and have been called a shaman. The need to keep the faith and relationship with ‘the holy’ continues to be a big driver in my life.
I find a building and crowds are not conducive to my journey. A cowboy once told me when he is in the saddle he is 16 hands closer to God. I believe that the holy is found wherever and whenever we become mindful of that relationship. Faith is practiced in each step, breath, or thought we have if we what we do comes from being mindful.
Walk in peace and beauty.

No comments:
Post a Comment