It seems that much of our time is occupied by trying to figure out why something happened the way it did. We want to know if there was something that could have been done to change things. When we do this we are walking in our past. Walking in our past robs us of the present.
Not walking in the present means we are disengaged with our own lives. We also rob those we love of being fully engaged in their lives. If we wouldn’t allow another person to do this to us why do we do it to ourselves?
The best way prevent this and also reduce/avoid trepidation is to walk mindfully in the present. I find it helpful to take a mindfulness walk. I walk and focus on the smells that encounter, the sounds that tickle my ears, and feeling of the sun or breeze. I often hum a tune that pleases me.
It is important to find peace in our present in order to be at harmony with ourselves and others.
This is something I am working to master for my upcoming journey.
Walk in peace and beauty

No comments:
Post a Comment